Assistant Headteacher EYFS/KS1
Working Pattern Full Time
Salary From L5 (£49,919) to L9 (£54, 750) – Outer London
Permanent Post/ September 2021 Start (sooner if available)
At St. John’s School ‘Teachers set consistently high expectations for pupils’ learning and behaviour.’ Ofsted June, 2017
We are a popular half a form entry school (4 classes in total), in a rural setting, approximately two miles from the centre of Enfield. St. John’s is a welcoming and friendly small school which provides an exciting and inspiring place to work.
The Governors are seeking to appoint an excellent EYFS/KS1 teacher to undertake the role of Assistant Headteacher, working as a key member of the Leadership Team across both EYFS and KS1. This role is not class based for the first year as you will be required to work alongside our EYFS/KS1 Co-ordinator who will be retiring in July, 2022.
They will lead on all aspects of EYFS/KS1, developing and supporting staff, ensuring that our provision is of a high standard. Fundamentally, the AHT for EYFS/KS1 needs to be an excellent practitioner, able to guide and support staff to support pupils with a range of needs.
Our pupils’ behaviour is outstanding, and this, together with the lively and creative curriculum, contributes to pupils’ enjoyment of learning, increasingly excellent progress in lessons and end of year results.
‘ As a result, pupils are increasingly thriving in this small school.’ SIAMS inspection, June, 2019
We invest heavily in staff development and support and value the importance of work-life balance.
The ideal person for the role will be:
- A highly motivated and talented teacher with the ability to work positively in our busy team
- Have a passion for learning and be happy to work in a small learning environment
- An excellent team player who demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Has high expectations of behaviour and achievement, being able to differentiate to challenge all pupils in a vertically grouped class
- Able to support the Christian ethos of our school
- Skilled in and has an excellent understanding and knowledge of all aspects of the curriculum across the primary age range, in particular the EYFS and KS1
We can offer:
- A supportive environment to develop and grow your skills, strengths and leadership
- A small welcoming, friendly, church school with enthusiastic learners who enjoy learning
- The opportunity to innovate and be forward thinking, a commitment to continuous improvement and professional development
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office on 020 8363 4709 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a tour with the Headteacher.
Please download the application pack from our website at www.stjohnsprimarysch.org.uk and return it by email to email@example.com by the closing date.
The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a full DBS check and other pre-employment checks. St. John’s C.E. School is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date for applications: Thursday, 22nd April, 2021 (3pm)
Interviews: Monday, 26th April, 2021
All schools in Enfield are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and anyone applying to work in our schools is expected to share this commitment.