St Mary’s CE Primary School
Richmond Road, Twickenham, TW1 3BA
020 8892 7849 firstname.lastname@example.org
CLASS TEACHERS (FULL TIME & PART TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE)
Job title: Class Teacher
Salary: Teachers Payscale
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: September 2017
Do you want to be part of a happy, supportive and creative school? If so, this is an exciting time to come and join our team. We are looking for an innovative, dynamic and creative teacher to join us in September. We have 630 pupils on three sites and a team of professionals dedicated to the needs and achievement of all pupils.
St Mary’s is a popular and inclusive school with a caring Christian ethos. We are split over three sites in central Twickenham and we welcome your visit.
We wish to appoint enthusiastic teachers to join our outstanding team of staff to take full responsibility for a class at St Mary’s. The successful candidate will be supported by the Headteacher, Deputy and Assistant Headteachers, and by the warm enthusiasm and caring Christian ethos of our school.
Closing date: noon Monday 5th June 2017
Interviews: week commencing 12th June 2017
Newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply for this post. Visits are welcomed during the week commencing Monday 22nd May 2017 with a view to potential earlier interviews being held during that week.
To arrange a visit or for an application form and job description, please contact Simon Minty at email@example.com or, during school hours, on 020 8892 7849 at St. Mary’s CE School, Richmond Road, Twickenham TW1 3BA.
St Mary’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to complete an enhanced DBS check and to disclose any information relevant to Disqualification by Association.
Please note we will be requesting references prior to interview and we do not accept CVs.
TEACHERS’ PAY SCALE
1. To take responsibility for the welfare and safety of all the children in our care and specifically those in your own class.
2. To be an effective class teacher catering for the range of needs of all the children in the class.
3. To teach within the framework of present school policies, paying particular attention to equal opportunities and inclusion.
4. To plan and prepare both long and short term work as a member of a team and to contribute to both staff and development meetings.
5. To establish an effective learning environment, facilitating a range of learning styles to enable a child to maximise their full potential.
6. To establish and maintain good relationships with colleagues, parents and children.
7. To assess children’s progress, keep meaningful records and evaluate performance.
8. To attend parents’ meetings.
9. If appropriate to accept responsibility for a curriculum area or area of organisation or a combination of both.
10. Be responsible for safeguarding children at St Mary’s School
1 Qualifications – Qualified Teacher Status
2 Experience – Recent class teaching experience/placement
3 Knowledge – A detailed knowledge of the National Curriculum
4 Qualities/skills/Abilities – Able to communicate effectively with pupils, staff and parents both orally and in writing.
Able to work as part of a team.
Able to plan, organise and teach a mixed ability class taking into consideration the needs of all children.
Committed to high standards in both teaching and learning.
Committed to equal opportunities and inclusion.
Able and willing to monitor and assess each child in the class.
A positive attitude towards challenges, ideas and initiatives in primary education.
Sympathetic towards the aims and ethos of a Church School.