Class Teacher – Harrow
St John’s Church of England School
127 Stanmore Hill
020 8954 3978
email : email@example.com
Headteacher: Mrs J Hester
Chair of Governors: Rev. Matthew Stone
Required September 2019
Salary Range: MPS / UPS
This post could be suitable for an NQT or someone with experience.
St John’s is a successful, popular and forward looking Church of England Primary School in amazing surroundings on Stanmore Hill, in the London Borough of Harrow. We are a voluntary aided primary school with a great reputation and high standards. We offer something very special to our children; an excellent education in a secure, friendly and happy learning environment. The school is a lively caring community, supported by an energetic and committed staff.
From September 2019 the Governors of St John’s Church of England School are seeking to appoint outstanding Class Teachers. We welcome applications from teachers who have the drive, passion and skills to be the best leaders of teaching and learning. The successful candidate will be passionate about improving outcomes for children, excited about collaborative working and keen to join a school that strives for excellence.
We are looking for candidates who:
• will support our strong Christian ethos and vision
• is an outstanding class teacher
• is adaptable, a team player and has high expectations
• would like an opportunity to develop their leadership skills
• has excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humour
In return we offer:
• happy children with very high standards of behaviour
• a strong Christian ethos
• pupils who are enthusiastic and eager to learn
• a thriving school focused on high achievement for all pupils
• a supportive and dedicated team of staff, governors and parents
• opportunities for high quality professional development
St John’s is committed to safeguarding children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school follows safer recruitment practices to protect children. Successful applicants will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
Informal visits to the school are welcomed and strongly encouraged. Please contact Mrs D’Urso, School Office Manager, for an appointment. Applications must be submitted on an LDBS School Staff Application Form which is available for download on our website: https://www.stjohns.harrow.sch.uk/harrow/primary/stjohns/site/pages/ourschool/vacancies
Closing date: Midday Monday 3 June 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 5 June 2019