Deputy Headteacher Harrow
Required for January 2019
Salary Leadership Scale L9 – L13 Full Time Post
St John’s school is set in an attractive location in Stanmore and has a strong sense of community. Children join us from within and out of the borough because of our Christian ethos and high standards.
The Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Deputy Headteacher, to join our current Deputy who will inspire, lead and support others with sensitivity and humour.
- an excellent classroom practitioner able to teach and lead in both Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2?
- able to inspire, lead and motivate colleagues?
- able to strategically lead and develop pupil achievement and progress?
- able to demonstrate excellence in leadership and management?
- able to deputise for the Headteacher as necessary?
- able to commit to maintaining and developing the Christian ethos of the school?
We can offer:
- a caring and positive working environment inspired by our strong Christian ethos
- a warm, friendly and inclusive welcoming school community
- kind and well behaved children with a positive attitude to learning
- hard working and friendly staff
- a supportive Governing Body
- excellent professional development opportunities
The school is committed to safeguarding children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school follows safe recruitment practices to protect children. Successful applicants will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
For further details and to arrange a visit please contact Mrs L. D’Urso, School Office Manager. Informal visits to the school are strongly encouraged.
Closing date: Monday 24 September 2018 Interviews: Friday 28 September 2018