Early Years Phase Leader
St John’s Church of England School
127 Stanmore Hill
020 8954 3978
Headteacher: Mrs Jo Hester
Chair of Governors: Rev. Matthew Stone
Early Years Phase Leader – Responsible for a core subject
Required September 2019
Salary Range: MPS / UPS plus TLR2b
St John’s is a successful, popular and forward looking Church of England Primary School in amazing surroundings on Stanmore Hill, in the London Borough of Harrow. We are a voluntary aided primary school with a great reputation and high standards. We offer something very special to our children; an excellent education in a secure, friendly and happy learning environment. The school is a lively caring community, supported by an energetic and committed staff.
From September 2019 the Governors of St John’s Church of England School are seeking to appoint an outstanding Phase Leader. This is a key role in our leadership structure and we welcome applications from exemplary classroom practitioners who are creative, forward thinking and have excellent, interpersonal leadership skills. The successful candidate will be passionate about improving outcomes for children, excited about collaborative working and keen to join a school that strives for excellence.
We are looking for candidates who will:
• be an experienced and inspiring teacher, committed to creativity and providing the best possible learning opportunities and outcomes
• be developing or have proven excellent management, organisational and leadership skills
• have high expectations for all children
• lead on the development of a core subject
• be supportive of the Christian ethos
In return we offer:
• an exciting post with the opportunity to innovate
• pupils who are enthusiastic and eager to learn
• a thriving school focused on high achievement for all pupils
• a supportive and dedicated team of staff, governors and parents
• opportunities for high quality professional development
St John’s is committed to safeguarding children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school follows safer recruitment practices to protect children. Successful applicants will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
Informal visits to the school are welcomed and strongly encouraged. Please contact Mrs D’Urso, School Office Manager on 020 8954 3978 or email email@example.com for an appointment.
Applications must be submitted on an LDBS School Staff Application Form which is available below.
Closing date: midday Thursday 2nd May 2019
Interviews: Thursday 9th May 2019