The St Marylebone Church of England School
Specialist School for the Performing Arts
64 Marylebone High Street, London W1U 5BA
Tel: 020 7935 4704 Fax: 020 7935 4005
Exam Invigilators £11 per hour.
The St Marylebone CE School is seeking to appoint Exam Invigilators to assist during the exam periods, 5th – 20th January, 22nd-26th February, May, June and July 2021. This role contributes to the smooth, calm and efficient administration of the exams process. Invigilators make a valuable contribution to the success of our students at a crucial phase in their education.
Duties will include:
- conducting examinations in accordance with the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ), awarding body and our regulations and instructions.
- playing a key role in upholding the integrity and security of the examination/assessment process.
- keeping confidential exam question papers and materials secure before, during and after exams.
- identifying and seating candidates according to their required instructions.
- instructing candidates in the conduct of their exams.
- dealing with candidate questions.
- supervising and observing candidates at all times and be vigilant throughout exams.
- dealing with emergencies or irregularities effectively.
- recording/ reporting any incidents, disruption or irregularities.
- instructing candidates in finishing their exams, collecting exam scripts and exam materials.
- undertaking training, update and review sessions as required.
- undertaking, other duties as requested by the Exams Officer.
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
- Founded in 1791, The St Marylebone CE School is an outstanding comprehensive school for girls with a mixed sixth form, serving students of all faiths or no faith.
- Rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted and SIAMS, the School is one of the best performing state schools nationally.
- We are the Lead School in The St Marylebone Teaching School Alliance and offer teacher training programmes.
- The School is a dynamic and inspiring place to work and invests energetically in the growth and CPD of its staff.
- The School is situated in the heart of central London, just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street on the tranquil Marylebone High Street, with Regent’s Park just moments away. We are close to excellent transport links (Regent’s Park, Baker Street and Bond Street Tube Stations).
- be reliable, flexible and readily available during main exam periods.
- have effective communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
- work well as part of a team.
- be confident and a reassuring presence to candidates in exam rooms.
- be able to give instructions and manage situations involving different groups of people.
- have basic IT skills (familiar with use of email, mobile phone messaging etc.)
- Experience of invigilation will be an advantage, but is not essential as training in the role and duties of an invigilator will be provided.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an application form, available to download from the School’s website: https://stmarylebone.school/contact/vacancies/ Please return your completed application form via e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing date: 9am, Thursday, 19 November 2020
Please note that applicants may be called earlier so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and it is our expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).