Full Time Class Teacher
ST LUKE’S C OF E PRIMARY SCHOOL
SAUNDERS NESS ROAD, LONDON, E14 3EB
020 7987 1753
Headteacher: Rebecca Abrahams
Full time class teacher required
Are you an enthusiastic and highly motivated class teacher, with a passion for ensuring children learn and achieve?
Do you have the drive and energy to make a difference to children’s futures? Are you looking for an exciting and vibrant school to teach in?
If yes, then we would very much like to hear from you as we have a vacancy for a class teacher just like you.
Our school is a two form entry primary school, with a Nursery, located on the southern tip of the Isle of Dogs close to Island Gardens DLR Station and a short walk from Greenwich. We are a creative, visionary and forward thinking school with exceptional children at our heart. For an inner city school we have a surprising amount of educational space both inside and outside including a swimming pool suitable for younger children learning to swim.
Our school was rated as GOOD by Ofsted in September 2016.
Our school was rated OUTSTANDING in our SIAMS inspection in December 2017.
‘The distinctiveness and effectiveness of St Luke’s as a Church of England school are outstanding’ – SIAMS December 2017
‘The effectiveness of the leadership and management of the school as a church school is outstanding’ – SIAMS December 2017
The ideal candidate is a teacher who is:
• An experienced and enthusiastic year 3 class teacher
• Committed to attaining the best outcomes for all children
• An inspirational leader and partner in learning
• Dedicated to a child-centred approach
• Bursting with innovative ideas
• An inclusive practitioner who values diversity
• A dedicated team player
• Willing to engage in professional feedback from peers
• Supportive of the Christian values at the heart of our school
In return we offer the successful candidate:
• Fantastic children
• A creative curriculum
• A young, dynamic & highly supportive staff
• Access to school leaders who excel at coaching & mentoring
• A spacious environment with lots of outdoor space
• A strong ethos of high expectations and challenge for all
• Excellent induction, individualised professional development and career enhancement opportunities
• A supportive governing body
• Excellent public transport links and onsite parking
We believe this is an exceptional opportunity for the right person.
To enable you to have the best opportunity to demonstrate your strengths pre application, we ask that you visit the school. This will also enable you to get a feel for the school as well as meet our children and staff.
Within the recruitment process we will observe you at your current place of work.
If this sounds like the job for you then please contact us to find our more.
Further information is available along with an application form from the school or from the school’s website www.st-lukes.towerhamlets.sch.uk
Visits can be arranged between 7.30am & 6pm.
Ring or email the school, we’d love to hear from you.
Tel. 020 7987 1753 or Email: email@example.com
St Luke’s is committed to safeguarding all children. Successful candidates will require a DBS clearance and suitable references before commencing employment.
Closing date: Midday on Friday 2nd November 2018
Shortlisting: As soon as possible thereafter
Interviews: Wednesday 7th November 2018