Headteacher: Mr Neil Mason
Position: Inclusion Lead
Salary: MPS/UPS ( £27, 596 – £43, 348 – depending on proven skills and responsibility) + TLR 2 (£2,721)
Contract type: Permanent Contract – Part time up 60% FTE
Start Date: April 2019
At St. Andrew’s Southgate we have a love of learning and strive to nourish the potential of each individual. We value our caring Christian environment where children develop as critical thinkers with self-worth and resilience. We have joy in diversity and an ambition for our children to enhance their lives and the lives of others. ‘Learning together to be the best we can be’
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become part of the highly effective team at St Andrew’s Southgate Primary School (CE). We are a one form entry Primary School with modern, fully resourced classrooms, a dedicated staff, effective links with, and support from St Andrew’s Church and a collective vision to do the very best for our children.
We would welcome the addition of a highly motivated, passionate individual to join us on our journey towards providing our pupils with the richest, most rewarding school experience possible.
The successful candidate will have:
• To hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) as recognised by the DfE
• Speech, Language and Communication experience desirable
• To have experience of teaching in a primary school
• To hold the NASENCO qualification or be willing to complete it within the first year
• To lead, manage, develop and maintain high quality SEN provision which enables quality teaching, excellent learning outcomes and success for all pupils
• To model effective teaching, to coach and train colleagues and to teach across the school
• To support SEN children with individual programmes or group interventions
• To prepare paperwork and make referrals in order to ensure SEN children receive ECHPs and additional support
• Collect and interpret assessment data on SEN/vulnerable pupils (Pupil Premium) to inform practice.
• Work with pupils, class teachers and SLT to ensure realistic and challenging expectations of vulnerable groups and pupils with SEN.
What we will offer:
- Wonderful, kind and hardworking pupils.
- Extremely supportive parents.
- A school committed to the professional development of all staff.
- A “good” school with a “highly effective leadership team” Ofsted March 2016.
- “A warm, harmonious community with exemplary behaviour and relationships” SIAMS March 2017.
- To hear from some of our pupils, please click on the link: https://standrewssouthgate-psce.primarysite.media/media/please-be-our-newteacher
St Andrew’s Southgate Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
You are warmly invited to come and visit the school and meet the team informally. We look forward to hearing from you. You can arrange this by telephoning the headteacher or by
email at: email@example.com
To apply for this job please download the application form, job description and personal specification from our school website: http://www.st-andrews.southgate.enfield.sch.uk/vacancies and return the completed application form via email: firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of the headteacher.
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th February 2019
Interview Date: Monday 25th February 2019