Key Stage 2 Class Teacher – Hammersmith
St Peter’s CE Primary School
33 St Peter’s Road, Hammersmith, London, W6 9BA
020 8748 7756 firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Stage Two Class teacher required for September 2018
PAY RATE: MPS/UPS (plus possible TLR)
St Peter’s is an OUTSTANDING school (Ofsted March 2017). We are a successful, over-subscribed one-form entry Church of England primary school situated between Ravenscourt Park and St Peter’s Square in the heart of West London. At St Peter’s we hold extremely high expectations for all of our pupils and are committed to ensuring that they are all supported and challenged in order to achieve to their full potential within a broad and creative curriculum.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher, who is passionate about improving the learning of all pupils and preparing them as future citizens.
We can offer continuous professional development; well-motivated, engaging children and a very supportive, dynamic and caring staff, governor and parental team.
If you have the professional characteristics of an outstanding teacher and enjoy working as part of a team, this may be an exciting opportunity for you. We welcome applications from experienced teachers with a proven track record of outstanding classroom practice or exceptional NQTs with the ability, passion and commitment to become outstanding teachers.
The candidates must be in sympathy with the Christian ethos of the school.
St Peter’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for the successful appointee in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed.
Please contact our Senior Admin Officer, Mrs Hilary Tanner, for further details email@example.com .
Closing date: Friday 18th May at midday.
Interviews: Week commencing 21st May 2018.
Person Specification – Classteacher
Education and Qualifications
• Qualified Teachers Status
• If not an NQT, to have recent experience of teaching a class, on a full time basis within the UK
• Evidence of continuous professional development
• Display an understanding of and commitment to the safeguarding and child protection
• Have thorough subject knowledge and understand the purpose, structure and balance of the National Curriculum and its requirements
• Display a knowledge of pupil assessment, target setting, tracking pupil progress and record keeping in order to raise standards
• Be committed to equal opportunities and inclusion
• Show evidence of effective curriculum planning, classroom and resource management
• Keep abreast of Government initiatives
• Be an outstanding teacher.
• Display commitment to raising standards and accelerating pupil progress
• Produce detailed planning, which takes into account the needs and abilities of all of the learners and provides challenge for all
• Assess, record and report upon the attainment and achievements of pupils in accordance with the school policies and procedures
• Set clear and review targets for children’s learning
• Provide a learning environment which allows pupils to flourish personally and to achieve highly
• Be sympathetic to and supportive of the school’s Christian ethos
• Develop positive relationships with all members of the school community.
• Be an effective communicator
• Have an exemplary record of attendance and punctuality.
• Hold high expectations of pupils, adults and self.
• Be committed to personal and professional development
• Is reflective and learns from past experiences
• Be motivated, enthusiastic and shows a passions for teaching
• Has a sense of humour and the ability to well as part of a team