St Lukes CE Primary School
Saunders Ness Road, Isle of Dogs, London, E14 3EB
020 7987 1753 firstname.lastname@example.org
Required for September 2017
Full time newly qualified (NQT) class teacher for KS2
Are you an enthusiastic and highly motivated trainee teacher, with a passion for ensuring children learn and achieve? Do you have the drive and energy to make a difference to children’s futures? Are you looking for an exciting and vibrant school to teach in? If yes, then we would very much like to hear from you as we have a vacancy for a newly qualified class teacher just like you this coming September.
Our school is a two form entry primary school, with a Nursery, located on the southern tip of the Isle of Dogs close to Island Gardens DLR Station and a short walk from Greenwich. We are a creative, visionary and forward thinking school with exceptional children at our heart. For an inner city school we have a surprising amount of educational space both inside and outside including a swimming pool suitable for younger children learning to swim.
Our school was rated as GOOD by Ofsted in September 2016.
The year group you will teach in is negotiable upon appointment.
The ideal candidate is a newly qualified teacher who is:
- Hard working and committed to attaining the best outcomes for all children
- Dedicated to a child-centred approach
- Bursting with innovative ideas
- An inclusive practitioner who values diversity
- A dedicated team player
- Willing to engage in professional feedback from peers
- Supportive of the Christian values at the heart of our school
In return we offer the successful candidate:
- Fantastic children
- A creative curriculum
- A young, dynamic & highly supportive staff
- Access to school leaders who excel at coaching & mentoring
- A spacious environment with lots of outdoor space
- A strong ethos of high expectations and challenge for all
- Excellent induction, individualised professional development and career enhancement opportunities
- A supportive governing body
- Excellent public transport links and onsite parking
If this sounds like the job for you then please contact us to find out more.
Visits to the school are a MUST so that you can meet our children and staff and get a feel for the school before you apply.
Further information is available along with an application form from the school or from the school’s website www.st-lukes.towerhamlets.sch.uk
Do something exciting today: Ring or email the school, we’d love to hear from you. Tel. 020 7987 1753 or Email: email@example.com
Other teachers are also very welcome to apply.
St Luke’s is committed to safeguarding all children. Successful candidates will require a DBS clearance and suitable references before commencing employment.
Closing date and shortlisting: Midday on Friday 9th June 2017
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 12th June 2017
Job Description _ Class teacher
Responsible to: Headteacher
To carry out duties as described in the current Teachers’ Pay and Conditions document.
- Using school agreed formats, plan and deliver well differentiated lessons to meet the needs of all children within the class.
- Mark and assess children’s work and use this to devise further plans to ensure that all children make progress.
- Record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils in line with the school’s reporting cycle.
- Work with the Inclusion Leaders to ensure that pupils with SEN and EAL receive appropriate support and interventions to ensure that they make good progress.
- Consistently implement the school’s Behaviour Policy to actively promote positive behaviour at all times in the school day.
- Work closely with support staff and other teachers as part of the whole school team.
- Develop good working relationships with parents to report on children’s progress and support them to be involved in their child’s learning.
- Participate in whole school INSET, including weekly staff meetings.
- Undertake CPD opportunities as identified by SIP priorities or individual need.
- Participate in the school’s cycle of performance management.
- Communicate with external agencies as appropriate verbally and in writing.