SEN Teaching Assistant
St Clement Danes CoE Primary School
Drury Lane, London, WC2B 5SU
020 7641 6586 firstname.lastname@example.org
SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT (one to one) – 12 month contract
From October 2017 the Governors and Headteacher are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant
Band 1, Step 1-2 – £19,311-£19,665 (pro-rata £16,376-£16,676)
35.5 hours per week, term time only
Hours: 8.30 am – 4.00 pm – 4 days
8.30 am – 4.30 pm – 1 day, term time only
Are you enthusiastic and driven with strong inter-personal skills, looking to join an outstanding school in heart of Covent Garden for at least a year?
St Clement Danes is a thriving and dynamic school in the heart of Covent Garden. We are a genuinely diverse, multi-cultural progressive Church of England School with lots to offer.
Prospective candidates are required to provide evidence of good literacy and numeracy skills and should have experience of working one to one with young children with SEN in an educational setting.
The role of the one to one SEN teaching assistant will have a major impact on the quality of Teaching and Learning. We are looking for someone who can:
- Work effectively with children to ensure they make progress
- Work as part of the team at the direction of the class teacher to support teaching provision and pupils’ learning
- Under the guidance of the teacher, work with a child with additional educational needs, to help them to achieve their full potential
- Be prepared to change and support children with toileting needs
- Support and implement strategies for teaching and learning and help to prepare and organise classroom learning activities
- Observe pupils’ performance and use the school systems to provide the teacher with feedback on pupil progress
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and able to form excellent relationships with both children and adults. They will be organised, have clear communication skills and be able to work effectively as part of a team.
If you are interested in taking a tour of the school please contact Deb Starkey at: email@example.com
Application details are available from the school’s website.
Closing Date: Wednesday 27th September 2017
Interviews: Friday 29th September 2017
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to
share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate
to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.