Teacher of Business and Economics
Job Title: Teacher of Business and Economics
Required: January 2021
School: St Mary’s & St John’s CE School
Reports to: Head of Business studies
Grade: Dependant on experience
Location: Stamford Raffles, Downage, Hendon, NW4 1AB and Bennett House, Sunningfields Road, Hendon, NW4 4QR (as required)
Contract: Permanent/Full time
Business studies and Economics are highly popular and successful KS4 and KS5 options respectively and we are looking to appoint a dynamic teacher of the subject who will be able to contribute to the excellent standard of progress and achievement in the department.
The candidate should be:
• passionate about teaching Business and Economics
• Support and help develop outstanding opportunities for students in Business and Economic
• enjoys working as part of a team and delivers high quality lessons
• leads activities beyond the classroom to excite and engage all pupils
Business and Economics teacher
In addition to meeting the Teachers’ Standards, you are expected to:
• be responsible for the educational progress of pupils
• Support and help the vision across the department
• teach Business at GCSE and Economics at GCE
• lead, develop and enhance the teaching practices and enrichment programme in the department
• The opportunity to work for an organisation which is values driven and places our students at the centre of everything we do
• The opportunity to work with fantastic students who are aspirational and driven to succeed
• To work in a successful, popular, academic subject
• Access to high quality CPD and support with career progression
• Magnificent buildings and an attractive and harmonious working environment
• An exciting opportunity to be involved in shaping the future direction of the school
The successful candidate will be an outstanding practitioner, with the ability to teach across the age and ability range and driven to ensure that students receive the best possible experience of the business and economics by bringing creative ideas to the classroom. The ability to teach Business Studies is essential and the ability to teach Economics is desirable.
St Mary’s and St John’s CE school is an all-through school in Hendon, North London, successfully providing high quality education and academic achievement for children and young people from Nursery to Sixth Form. We are proud to be a diverse, multi-faith, harmonious school, with a distinctive Christian ethos, resolute in the belief that “With God, all things are possible”. In a changing world our values; Wisdom, Service and Hope, define us, strengthen relationships with our parents and children, and provide guiding principles that enable us to deliver academic excellence and promote self-discipline and resilience.
Please contact Mrs Orphanou, Personnel Officer for further information or a confidential discussion.
Applications and supporting statements to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org and templates can be downloaded below.
Closing Date for applications: 12.00pm on Friday 6th November 2020
We reserve the right to close the application process early if suitable candidates apply.
The school and governing body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Each successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check along with other relevant employment checks.