Teacher of Science – Hounslow
The Green School for Boys, Twickenham Road, Isleworth. TW7 6AU
Teacher of Science
Do you want to work in an exciting and growing school with a STEM specialism where you can help shape the future of Science?
Would you like to join us on our exciting journey as a growing Multi – Academy Trust dedicated to the achievement and well-being of our students and staff?
Would you like to work with highly motivated students who are keen to succeed?
The Green School Trust is seeking to appoint a dynamic, collaborative and innovative Teacher of Science to join The Green School for Boys on 23rd April 2019.
The ability to offer Physics would be an advantage.
We are looking for an excellent practitioner with
● the skill to inspire and lead students and communicate their passion for the subject
● drive and ambition for our students ensuring high-quality learning and exceptional student progress
● an aspirational teacher who will be able to contribute to the development of Science
● encourage the boys to explore the possibilities of the subject and develop their interest to study Science at Sixth Form and beyond
● enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility and a commitment to enrichment and co-curricular activities
● an exciting opportunity to develop and shape the delivery of Science from Key Stage 3 upwards,
● the chance to be a founding member of staff during our second year
● structured CPD within the school and across the Trust
● a focus on valuing staff as professionals and people
● a progressive IT learning environment with individual staff devices provided
● An early finish in the summer term
● A wonderful new purpose built building in September 2020
● An excellent location with Syon Lane main line (direct to central London) and good bus services to Richmond, Twickenham, Chiswick and Ealing on the doorstep
The Green School for Boys is part of The Green School Trust, a Church of England Multi Academy Trust which also runs the highly successful Green School for Girls.
This is an exciting time to join the Trust and be part of the founding staff team at The Green School for Boys during our second year.
A full programme of support for all new staff is provided. CPD and the development of leadership skills is an important part of the school culture and candidates who wish to progress their careers are encouraged to apply. As a Church of England Trust we welcome applicants from all faiths or none but we do ask that applicants support the Christian ethos of our schools.
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Green School Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. A DBS enhanced
disclosure that is satisfactory to us will be a condition of employment.
If you would like to visit the school please contact Julie Hart: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis
Interviews: will be held on a rolling basis