Year 1 Class Teacher
St Augustine’s Federated Schools (Primary)
Kilburn Park Road, London NW6 5XA
Phone: 020 7328 0221
Year 1 Class Teacher
Salary: Inner London Pay Scale M3-M5.
This post is open to Main Pay Scale Teachers
Location: Kilburn, north-west London (13 minutes from Oxford Circus)
Contract Type: Full time
Required for September 2021
Not suitable for NQTs
We are looking for an ambitious, talented teacher to join our small, vibrant school, to further enhance the learning opportunities of our hard-working, well-behaved and enthusiastic children. The successful applicant will be teaching Year 1.
The children of St Augustine’s CE Primary School are very rewarding to teach. They are excited about learning, hardworking and well-behaved, but are absolutely reliant upon great teaching to make good progress. Relationships within the school are very good and parents/carers are very supportive of the school’s work. The school is very well-resourced and has excellent facilities; particularly for ICT, physical development, DT (including cooking) and music.
We would like to hear from excellent teachers who feel driven to do all they can to enable every child to enjoy learning and make good progress. You must want to make a difference to children of a wide range of ethnicities and several faiths, who between them speak over 25 first languages.
We wish to recruit a teacher who:
- is ambitious and relishes the challenge of teaching our children;
- is a creative and innovative practitioner with a good sense of humour;
- has the drive and determination and is committed to accelerating progress and raising attainment;
- can be reflective about their own practice;
- is passionate about engaging and enthusing children to learn about the world, others and themselves;
- is able to fully support the school’s values and mission as a faith community.
We can offer you:
- a school that places our children at the centre of all we do;
- a supportive team in pursuit of excellence, with a commitment to CPD;
- a bright and attractive environment;
- a well-planned and resourced curriculum;
- a central location close to a range of transport links and with easy access to Central London;
- a diverse community of children, parents, staff and governors;
- use of an iPad as a teaching and communication tool.
This would suit an excellent teacher with 2+ years’ experience who can demonstrate outstanding teaching.
Closing date: Wednesday 12th May 2021 (4pm)
Shortlisting date: Thursday 13th May 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 17th May 2021
St Augustine’s is fully committed to safeguarding children and young people. The successful applicant will be required complete a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and give explanations for any gaps in education or employment.