The new diocesan Religious Education Syllabus can be accessed here (choose RE syllabus 2017 on Category) or via the Overview of the RE Syllabus below. Please find a number of other documents which we hope will support the delivery of the RE curriculum.
RE and Worship
The London Diocesan Board for Schools is keen to help schools raise the standard of religious education and collective worship in schools.
- lead INSET sessions and train staff
- provide curriculum advice
- help to draw up Collective Worship policy documents, including applications for a ‘determination’ or ‘determination’ renewal
- observe, support and work alongside individual teachers in the classroom
- assist in preparing for (or responding to) SIAMS inspection
- arrange school visits to places of worship and other relevant locations for field work in RE recommend appropriate resources
- deliver presentations on RE to governors, parents and the wider school community
- advise on issues arising from the interface between religion and school life, for example in connection with diet and dress
Please contact us on Tel: 020 7932 1159 to find out how we can help your school.